My Website

My Website
Click Above to Visit My Website Where I Share My Life in Manhattan, Tokyo, and Exploring the World

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Looking for That Special Gift in Japan?

Today I decided to go to the Takadanobaba station area to do a little shopping--specifically to Uniqlo for Heat Tech clothes since we're going to Sapporo next month and I know it's going to be COLD. 

Since it was another beautiful sunny day and it's only about 20-30 minutes away I decided to walk. Besides, when you walk you see all kinds of fun things like this random window display.



Uniqlo is everywhere--sometimes they're just tiny little satellite stores and other times, they are regular-sized branches. The one at this location is located in a big building with other stores and is pretty small, but it had what I wanted--Heat Tech pants, turtleneck, and socks. In Less than an hour, I was walking out of their area with my purchases. 

Directly across the Uniqlo is a 100yen store where everything is 100yen (less than $1!) so I decided to explore. I love a bargain. I bought only a couple of things here --a mouse pad with sushi designs, and some hand soap.

Upon leaving the building, I decided to head across the street to the Don Quijote--also known as Donki--a discount store that is located throughout Japan and is known for its fun gift items. 

Today's visit did not disappoint. I've included photos of costumes for the brave, and questionable beauty products as well as a giant 8-inch-long soy sauce fish (the kind that are usually 1-inch long). I assume that one requires lots of soy sauce, one requires adding a chicken, and some should only be used in the privacy of your own home.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *