My Website

My Website
Click Above to Visit My Website Where I Share My Life in Manhattan, Tokyo, and Exploring the World

Friday, May 20, 2016

Fun With Animal Crackers in Japan



One of the things I love about Japan is the unexpected fun you find in the oddest places.

These are animal cookies purchased from the Donki store (discount department store of weird items in Japan)for a whopping 78yen (not even a $1). I love the random and exotic animals listed. They are so specific naming a polar bear (not just a bear), a panda, a macaw (not a bird), a tapir (a what?), a peafowl (not even sure what that is), and a cow. I would have expected it to be a Jersey or whatever a Japanese cow type is.

Then they went on to include rats (yum?) and furseals (is that before or after they club them)?



Notice how the hawk doesn’t look like the macaw? Though the lynx looks a tad like the leopard… I am still impressed!


 
The only one I have to say was a dud was the squirrel. I’m having a hard time seeing it. 



Oh well. Overall, a fine job and loads of fun and they spelled everything correctly. And they were tasty, too!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *