My Website

My Website
Click Above to Visit My Website Where I Share My Life in Manhattan, Tokyo, and Exploring the World

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Real Japanese Entertainment at the East Imperial Gardens




Thursday, Nov 19
I don't understand Japanese TV programs. The main problem being they are in Japanese. No matter what the characters are doing or what the plot is, I am lost and have no idea what is going on. I've tried to watch, but I don't get any enjoyment from it.

Yesterday I excitedly signed up for the Japanese version of Hulu Plus because the American Hulu Plus doesn't work over here. After signing up, I discovered that they only offer the first two seasons of Modern Family (which is on season 7!)  and are completely missing my other favorite shows. Also, their idea of a recently added movie is one from 1998! 

And Netflix has only been a bit better. I was initially excited to discover that Netflix was now available in Japan, but somehow my list of movies to watch has shrunk down to fourteen. 

Things have not been looking good with the Japanese entertainment offerings.

Today we decided to give Mother Nature a chance to entertain us.

We've been wanting to see some fall colors here in Japan, but didn't want to have to go too far. We checked out the Tokyo Fall Foliage Forecast (there is also a Cherry Blossom Forecast in the spring) to see what our options were, and we discovered that a mere fifteen minutes away by subway at the Otemachi stop on the Tozai Line is the Imperial East Gardens. 

These gardens are free and are listed as a great place to catch the fall colors in the city this time of year.



There wasn't a lot of colorful foliage because it's not been very cold and there has been some recent rains, but I found lots of examples of color.




And this Japanese program I can completely understand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *